From Cramped to Comfortable
This bathroom, like many of its time, had a cramped layout with the shower in the toilet closet. Our clients were looking for a larger shower space with a large stationary shower head as well as a handheld shower head. The vanity was inconvenient, the closet disorganized and lighting was minimal.
So, the following changes were made:
- We made structural changes to the room so we could enlarge the shower and move it out of the toilet closet.
- We maintained a semi-private toilet area, but left the entrance open to increase the sense of space.
- The large L-shaped vanity was replaced with a double bowl vanity that would fit on one wall, making better use of space while still providing separate his/hers area for the morning/evening routine. The vanity also increased organizational capabilities with drawers, thereby reducing the clutter that so often fills the bathroom counterspace.
- Lighting was updated and increased, which always makes a bathroom more cheerful and enjoyable
- And closet organizers were designed and added to improve organization